[TERMS OF SERVICE]
I, the undersigned, and all other members of the ekiden team (hereinafter referred to as "we"), hereby pledge the following in consideration of our participation in the Honolulu Rainbow EKIDEN (hereinafter “Event”).
- We understand the Honolulu Rainbow EKIDEN (Relay/Kids Challenge) may include dangerous potential to cause the risk of serious injuries and sometimes death.
- We agree that it is our sole responsibility to determine whether we are sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event, that we are responsible for our own safety and well-being at all times and under all circumstances while at the Event site.
- We will agree to any decision made by the Event authorities, in order to carry out the race safely.
- We understand the climate of high temperature, humidity, traffics, road conditions, bridge conditions and any hazards associated with this race.
- We will exempt/release any and all liabilities regards to the Event organization, Event sponsors, Event authorities and personal in connection to this race event for any accidents or damages from event related activities, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course or track conditions; land, water and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event organizers; and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers.
- We understand that the participation fee is non-refundable and the Event organization and authorities involving in this event has the right to make any changes including time, schedule and cancellation without refund, in any case of emergencies such as natural disaster and any other emergencies.
- We consent and will give all authorities and copyright to the Event organization for the use of photography, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for the legitimate purposes use in TV, Radio, Newspaper, Magazines, Internet and any Media publishing.
- We understand that the race T-shirt will be provided to all applied participants and the size of the T-shirt is not a guarantee and may not be my desired size.
- We also waive/release any responsibilities regards to the Event organization for any lost and theft during the event.
- We acknowledge that by applying for this event, we agree to abide by all of the rules, regulations, and agreements.
Personal information will be acquired and used only for limited purposes. The purposes for which personal information is collected for this service are as follows:
- a) To provide services provided by the Secretariat in relation to the Honolulu Rainbow EKIDEN.
- b) To introduce services related to the Honolulu Rainbow EKIDEN provided by the Office or information and guidance related to other services.
- c) For the purpose of compiling, analyzing, and preparing statistical data on the attributes of personal information (statistical data refers to data processed in such a way that individuals cannot be identified or specified, and may be used and processed for the development of new services and other business activities).
In the event that it becomes necessary to use participant's personal information for purposes beyond the scope of the purposes specified when the customer provided his/her personal information, the Office will inform the customer in advance of such purposes. If the participant does not agree to the new purpose, the participant may refuse the use of his/her personal information at his/her own discretion.
2. Disclosure and provision of personal information to third parties
Personal Information provided by participants will not be disclosed or provided to third parties except in the following cases.
- a) When we have obtained the consent of the participant.
- b) When disclosure is necessary for the protection of life, body, orproperty, and when it is difficult to obtain the participant's consent.
- c) When disclosure of personal information is required by legal order,
- d) When providing personal information to a subcontractor as described in c) above.
- a) The Office will take necessary and appropriate measures for safety management to prevent loss, damage, unauthorized leakage, falsification, etc. of personal information it has obtained.
- b) Regarding entrustment of personal information, the Office may entrust personal information to other business entities within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In such cases, we will select a contractor with a well-developed personal information protection system, conclude a contract regarding the protection of personal information, and supervise the contractor to ensure that personal information is handled appropriately.
4. Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
- a) If a participant requests disclosure or correction of his/her personal information, we will respond to the request as soon as reasonably possible after confirming the identity of the person making the request. For inquiries or corrections, please contact our Office.
- a) Any website linked to our official website are external websites that are operated by other administrators. Please understand that we will be not responsible for any issues regarding your personal information safety and any other secondary problems that may arise from the external websites.
- a) If you do not wish to provide personal information to the Office, you may choose not to provide it at your own discretion. However, if personal information is indispensable for the provision of services, the relevant services may not be provided.