Personal information will be acquired and used only for limited purposes. The purposes for which personal information is collected for this service are as follows:
- a) To provide services provided by the Secretariat in relation to the Honolulu Rainbow EKIDEN.
- b) To introduce services related to the Honolulu Rainbow EKIDEN provided by the Office or information and guidance related to other services.
- c) For the purpose of compiling, analyzing, and preparing statistical data on the attributes of personal information (statistical data refers to data processed in such a way that individuals cannot be identified or specified, and may be used and processed for the development of new services and other business activities).
In the event that it becomes necessary to use participant's personal information for purposes beyond the scope of the purposes specified when the customer provided his/her personal information, the Office will inform the customer in advance of such purposes. If the participant does not agree to the new purpose, the participant may refuse the use of his/her personal information at his/her own discretion.
Disclosure and provision of personal information to third parties
Personal Information provided by participants will not be disclosed or provided to third parties except in the following cases.
- a) When we have obtained the consent of the participant.
- b) When disclosure is necessary for the protection of life, body, orproperty, and when it is difficult to obtain the participant's consent.
- c) When disclosure of personal information is required by legal order,
- d) When providing personal information to a subcontractor as described in c) above.
Management of Personal Information
The Office will take necessary and appropriate measures for safety management to prevent loss, damage, unauthorized leakage, falsification, etc. of personal information it has obtained.
Regarding entrustment of personal information, the Office may entrust personal information to other business entities within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In such cases, we will select a contractor with a well-developed personal information protection system, conclude a contract regarding the protection of personal information, and supervise the contractor to ensure that personal information is handled appropriately.
Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
If a participant requests disclosure or correction of his/her personal information, we will respond to the request as soon as reasonably possible after confirming the identity of the person making the request. For inquiries or corrections, please contact our Office.
Website Operation by the Office Headquarter
Any website linked to our official website are external websites that are operated by other administrators. Please understand that we will be not responsible for any issues regarding your personal information safety and any other secondary problems that may arise from the external websites.
- a) If you do not wish to provide personal information to the Office, you may choose not to provide it at your own discretion. However, if personal information is indispensable for the provision of services, the relevant services may not be provided.